The Institute supports programs designed to meet an array of needs:
- Cheesemaking Certificate Program (CC) for beginning cheesemakers.
- Public Education courses that range from cheese tasting to technical practices
- Advanced Cheesemaking Certificate Program (ACC) for experienced cheesemakers. This program includes cross-cultural, national and international exchange programs and visiting guest experts in our International Artisan Practices workshops, which are a key function of the Institute`s teaching mission.
The Cheesemaking Certificate Program (CC) consists of the following 5 courses:
The Advanced Cheesemaking Certificate Program (ACC) consists of the following 5 courses: A total of 2 Advanced Artisan Practices courses and 3 Advanced Cheesemaking Certificate courses identified as (ACC): 5 courses in all for completion of ACC
- Essential Principles and Practices in Cheesemaking w/ Starter Cultures (4 days)
- Milk Chemistry (1 day)
- Cheese Chemistry (2 days)
- Food Safety and Artisan Cheesemaking: Essential Hygiene Practices and Programs CC (1 day)
asic Sensory Evaluation (1 day)
- International Artisan Practices: With international experts (one or two 3 day course)Prerequisite: Essential Principles and Practices in Cheesemaking (CC)
- Artisan Cheesemaking Practices: Cheese Family (one or two 3 day course) Prerequisite: Essential Principles and Practices in Cheesemaking (CC)
- Affinage (2 day)
- Food Safety and Artisan Cheesemaking: Advanced Risk Reduction Practices American Programs (1day) ACC
- Cheese Defects (1 day)
VIAC has the right to cancel classes when necessary: A two week notice will be given.
Event Calendar - next 12 months: